Preparation Time: 120 mins
Wonderful, tasty & easy to prepare for bread lovers and the like trying to avoid wheat, gluten and any nasties found in store bought breads. Try switching up the hemp seeds and using pepitas or even flaked almonds. This bread contains wonderful nutrient dense ingredients high in protein & essential fat.
Buckwheat comes from the Rhubarb family not wheat at all, so the name can be confusing. I am working on a. raisin bread also, so stay tuned. Happy Baking
Ingredients from nature
- 1 & 3/4 cups buckwheat groats (Rinsed & soaked overnight)
- 1/4 cup white or black chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 2.5 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup rice bran Oil (or olive)
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius 20 mins before baking.
- Add all dry ingredients (except hemp seeds) to a high speed blender or food processor
- Add wet ingredients on top
- Blend until a smooth batter
- Add hemp seeds & stir through
- Place in a silicon baking bread tin or a greased and greaseproof paper lined tin
- Bake for 1.25 hours then turn off oven and remove bread from pan
- Place bread on a wire rack until cools and serve.